Conference Food Catering Trends
- April 24, 2015 - 12:10 pm
- Catering Trends
- Comments Off on Conference Food Catering Trends
We like to keep ourselves updated on catering trends happening in the world so that we can offer world-class on-trend food here in Memphis. That's why we offer action catering to the Memphis region. Cooking fresh food on site in front of your guests is definitely fun and on trend!
We found this articles of the world's best conference food trends on Tourism Review to be very interesting. The International Association of Conference Centers announced this list of the top ten conference food trends for 2015, and these trends will influence corporate catering and conference catering around the world.
Conference Food Catering Trends
Here's a few of the things that made their list of the top conference food trends:
- Local Food: The first noteworthy trend is the shift towards locally produced food. Today's conference attendees want to fully experience the area in which the conference is held, so giving food a local feel is important.
- Small Is Good: Larger portions used to excite people, but today, bite-sized desserts have seized the throne. Conferences are pushing aside monstrous slices of cake in favor of small finger foods, like fresh donuts, French macaroons, chocolate truffles, miniature cupcakes, and cookies.
- Less Fat: In today's increasingly health conscious world, conference chefs are swapping high-fat dishes in favor of flavorful healthy alternatives, working with meal components such as quinoa, tofu, kale, and low-sugar foods that appeal to the taste buds without harming your waistline.
- Eating Outdoors: To catch attendees' interest, more conferences are utilizing the outdoors to provide a fresh, casual meal that rejuvenates them after a long day of events or meetings. The fresh scenery helps prevent them from feeling bored, tired or worn-down, ensuring that the team is functioning at maximum capacity for the rest of the conference.
- Get Interactive: An interactive chef station has become a new trend for spicing things up, improving the menu with freshly prepared items like panini or slider. Remember to incorporate gluten-free options into the meal plan.
Panini Catering Conference Food Catering
Here's how we at Panini Catering use these trends:
Local food prepared daily: Our food is all bought locally from food vendors we've used for years. We buy our food locally each day and prep in our kitchens in Memphis and then cook at your event. Fresh food is one of the reasons why we are always rated highly as a Memphis caterer.
Less fat and healthier food: We've got food options with range, including lots of healthy options! If you want food with less fat we've got plenty of healthy foods and will always take requests. We can make green smoothies at our smoothie bar and have served several low sugar smoothie bars before. Want healthier options at your event, just let us know!
Eating outdoors from the grill: Now that spring has arrived people want to be outside. We can bring our outdoor patio grill to your conference or corporate even to liven up the day. Get everyone outside for a grill out to break up the day and re-energize everyone with our delicious and fast casual food straight from the grill.
Get interactive with action catering: Our interactive chef stations are what action catering is all about! We freshly prepare paninis and other items at your event right in front of attendees. We have several options for chef stations at your event where we combine the thrill of watching chefs cook with delicious freshly prepared food.
If you want to order trendy catering for your Memphis event or conference, make sure you give Panini Catering a call!